June 5, 2013

ZTA Summer 2013

Wow time sure does fly by! Is it June already? Fellow readers, we apologize for the delay for a new post.  So many exciting things have happened since we last wrote, and we are so sorry to keep you waiting this long to hear about them.

In May we said farewell to many of our ZTA seniors. While some have graduated, and some continue to seek higher education in the larger services of SFA, it's always hard to say goodbye especially to those who have been leaders in this chapter and have made so many positive changes for the pledge classes ahead of themselves.  So our Alumnae Collegiate chairman, Caitlin Chandler made sure they were able to see how much we appreciate them during their senior week with special activities planned for every day of the week, and their very special senior ceremony at the end of the week where they were inducted into the Alumnae world. We are so proud of our seniors and know they will be doing amazing things in their futures.



Now that summer is here, we have our ZTA's doing so many awesome things. Many ZTA's at SFA are seeking real job experience with internships in various job fields this summer for companies like AmeriCommerce Ecommerce Solutions, Clear Lake Specialities, Bridgeport Camp and Conference Center, Houston Press, Cameron, and Cinemark. Others are vacationing, volunteering, and taking summer school.


Morgan Anderson: Caribbean Cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel

"I loved being in paradise! Always in the sun, tried so many different types of food, and got to experience things you can't do in the states. I also met a zeta alumni from UNT in Jamaica!"



Brooke O'Rourke: Orientation Leader

"Being an Orientation Leader has been an amazing experience. I hope for next semester to be able to still connect with all the new students and help them as much as possible."




Caitlin Bohannon: Summer Job and Excitement for Formal Recruitment

"I'm so excited for this summer! So many things are happening for me, I just cant hold in how anxious I am to start it all. I'm moving into my first apartment, taking summer classes and maintaining my job at the local golf course in Nac. I'm also trying to work on my golf swing so I can try out for the school team this upcoming semester. The thing I'm most ecstatic about is how important my accountability is going to be during Recruitment this Fall. I'm head of Day Two and I'm just so happy, I've already started planning. It's gonna be a good one, I can feel it."





No comments:

Post a Comment